Being looking for 444 marlin ammo without solutions? You are at the right place today . We carry are all posible calibers and grain’s including the best 444 marlin ammo for sale . It’s available in stock and ready to be ship. Possible like
Remington, Federal, Winchester , Hornady etc are available at affordable prices for everyone .
History of 444 marlin ammo
The .444 Marlin cartridge has an interesting history that dates back to the mid-1960s. Here’s a brief overview of its background:
The .444 Marlin was introduced by Marlin Firearms Company in 1964 as a response to the increasing popularity of large-bore lever-action rifle cartridges for hunting. Marlin saw a demand for a cartridge with greater power and a larger bullet diameter than their existing .45-70 Government cartridge.
The design of the .444 Marlin ammo was based on the .44 Magnum handgun cartridge. The goal was to create a powerful and effective cartridge for medium-to-large game hunting. It featured a rimmed, bottlenecked case that was larger in diameter and had a longer overall length in comparison to the .44 Magnum.
444 Marlin ammunition has found a dedicated following among hunters who appreciate its power and effectiveness in specific hunting situations.
444 Marlin vs 45-70 Govt
The .444 Marlin and .45-70 Government are both robust and well-regarded rifle cartridges known for their power and effectiveness on medium-to-large game. Let’s compare them in a few key areas:
1. Caliber: The .444 Marlin has a caliber of .429 inches (10.9mm), while the .45-70 Government has a slightly larger caliber of .458 inches (11.6mm).
2. Bullet Selection: Both cartridges offer a range of bullet weights and types suitable for hunting applications. The .444 Marlin commonly uses bullets ranging from 240 grains (15.5 grams) to 300 grains (19.4 grams), while the .45-70 Govt typically ranges from 300 grains (19.4 grams) to 500 grains (32.4 grams). Both cartridges have a variety of bullet types, including expanding hollow points and solid projectiles.
What is the 444 marlin ammo good for ?
The .444 Marlin ammunition is primarily designed for hunting medium-to-large game at moderate distances. Due to its power and terminal performance, it is well-suited for various hunting applications. Here are some common uses for .444 Marlin ammunition :
1. Big Game Hunting: The .444 Marlin is known for its ability to take down medium-to-large game animals such as deer, black bear, hogs, and elk. Its heavy bullet weight and high muzzle energy provide deep penetration and effective stopping power, making it suitable for hunting these types of game.
2. Brush Hunting: The .444 Marlin’s power combined with its relatively short-range effectiveness makes it well-suited for hunting in heavy brush or wooded areas
3. Close-Range Shots: If you anticipate encounters with game at close to moderate distances, the .444 Marlin is an excellent choice.